If you’re a fan of light and refreshing summer salads, you’re in for a treat with our Mango Cucumber Salad. The simple natural flavors of ripe mangoes, crisp cucumbers, creamy avocados, and cooling mint steal the show in this colorful salad recipe. And it’s a breeze to whip up, making it your new go-to side dish for BBQs and summer cookouts.
Go-To Summer Salad
Refreshingly light: On a hot summer day, nothing beats the refreshing, light quality of this delicious salad. It’s a cooling and hydrating treat for your body and senses.
Balanced flavor: The combination of sweet mangoes, cool cucumber, rich avocado, and tangy balsamic citrus vinaigrette creates a delightful blend of flavors that’s both satisfying and refreshing.
Minty twist: The addition of fresh mint adds a delightful herbaceous note that enhances the dish.
Nutrient-rich: Packed with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and antioxidants, this mango avocado cucumber salad is a nutritious choice that not only tastes great but does a body good too.
Simple elegance: Despite its sophisticated taste, it’s incredibly easy to prepare, making it perfect for quick, healthy meals.
Versatile: Whether as a light lunch, side dish, or BBQ or picnic companion, this salad adapts seamlessly to a variety occasions.
If you are in the mood for more light and fruity salad recipes, be sure to try our simple strawberry spring salad, our festive spinach gorgonzola salad with pear and pomegranate, and our easy grapefruit avocado and arugula salad.
For the salad
- English Cucumber
- Red Bell Pepper
- Fresh Mint
For the citrus balsamic vinaigrette
- Orange (Zest and Juice)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Time needed: 15 minutes
- Make the balsamic citrus vinaigrette:
Place all of the ingredients into a small mason jar and shake to combine.
- Add ingredients to mixing bowl:
Place all of the ingredients except the avocado into a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Add the avocado:
Gently stir in the avocado with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Place the mango cucumber salad into a dish or bowl for serving.
Variations & Substitutions
You can get creative with your cucumber mango avocado salad by trying out different variations and substitutions:
- Protein boost: Add grilled chicken, shrimp, crab, or tofu for a protein-packed version.
- Green goodness: Toss in some arugula, spinach, or mixed greens for that leafy texture.
- Fruity fun: Try some other fruits like strawberries or pineapple to mix up the flavors.
- Spice it up: Incorporate some diced jalapeños or red chili flakes for a spicy kick.
- Herb infusion: Experiment with additional fresh herbs like cilantro or basil to enhance the flavors.
- Creamy dreamy: Drizzle with a creamy lime dressing or some Greek yogurt for a richer taste.
- Side Dish: Accompany grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp with this salad for a balanced and flavorful dinner.
- Light Lunch: Serve the cucumber mango salad as a refreshing and healthy standalone lunch option. It’s perfect for a light and satisfying meal.
- Summer BBQ: It’s an excellent side dish for a summer barbecue, complementing grilled meats and adding a refreshing note to the spread.
- Healthy Snack: Scoop it up with whole-grain pita chips or tortilla chips for a wholesome snack.
- Brunch Addition: Serve it alongside brunch items like omelets or quiches to add some color and freshness to the table.
- Taco Salad: Create a taco salad by placing the mango cucumber avocado mixture on a base of taco meat, crispy tortilla chips or lettuce, then drizzle with the balsamic citrus vinaigrette.
- Sauvignon Blanc: This crisp white wine with its citrusy notes complements the fresh flavors of the salad and the tangy vinaigrette.
- Rosé: A dry rosé, with its fruity and floral notes, is a great match for the salad’s vibrant, fruity flavors.
- Pinot Grigio: Light and refreshing, this white wine won’t overpower the salad and pairs nicely with its light and zesty qualities.
- Prosecco: The effervescence of Prosecco adds a lively element to your meal, making it a delightful choice for celebratory occasions.
Leftovers and Storage
Refrigerate and store any remaining assembled salad in an airtight container. Consume within a day or two for the best taste and texture.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a rating in the comments below and let us know how it turned out. Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for visiting Maplevine Kitchen!
Mango Cucumber Salad With Avocado and Fresh Mint
For the vinaigrette
For the salad
- 1 ripe mango peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 English cucumber chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 just-ripe avocado peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 shallot sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves chopped
- Place the orange juice, orange zest, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and olive oil in a small mason jar with a lid. Shake vigorously until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chopped cucumber, mango, bell pepper, shallots, and mint. Then, pour in the vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Add the sliced avocado to the bowl and gently toss with the salad. You want to avoid over stirring the avocado (especially if it is really ripe) as it will start to break down and cause the other ingredients to get a bit "slimy".
- Transfer the salad into a serving bowl and serve immediately. For make ahead prep, wait to add the dressing and avocado until just before serving.
*Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Maplevine Kitchen makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.